AUTHENTIC KRAV MAGA
Krav Maga Defence Institute (KMDI) was founded to empower Australians with the tools to defend themselves and protect the people they care about. With over 74 unique classes each week and 3 locations across Sydney, KMDI is the largest Krav Maga school in Australia.
KMDI's founder and Chief Instructor, Ron Engelman is an active senior Krav Maga instructor in the Israeli army. He continues to serve as an advisor and trainer to combat units in the IDF. Our local instructors have all been certified by the top trainers of from the Israeli army and many have completed courses and training camps in Israel. If you are looking for the real thing, you have come to the right place.
KMDI SIgnature CLASSES
Training regularly is the best way to learn Krav Maga. Through regular practice you will learn and master Krav Maga techniques, keep fit and learn to defend yourself and protect others. We offer classes in Surry Hills, Bondi Junction, Caringbah and the Sydney CBD with a variety of different Krav Maga classes for different levels from beginners up to advanced.
Your first Krav Maga class: Induction
Specifically designed for people who are trying Krav Maga for the first time; this class focuses on the basic techniques and concepts of Krav Maga. It will prepare you for joining our beginner’s classes.
- Beginners: Here you will build foundations in striking, fighting on the ground, release from common chokes and holds as well as defences against knives and sticks. After 4-6 months in the beginner’s class you can expect to test for Fighter Level 1.
- Intermediate / Advanced: These classes are for graded students and focus on more advanced Krav Maga techniques and training.
- K.M.C. (Krav Maga Combatives): Striking is the foundation of Krav Maga. In this class you will be working on punches, kicks, elbows and knees. You can expect a serious workout while honing your fighting skills. This class is suitable for all levels including beginners.
- Weapons: This class is dedicated to practicing fighting against an armed attacker within realistic drills and simulations. This may sound intimidating, but it is a class that is suitable for all levels including beginners. Each class starts with practice on a specific threat and progresses into a live simulation drill.
- Fight Club: This is a fighting class dedicated to full contact sparring with unique Krav Maga elements, scenarios and settings.
- Fighting Fit: This is a functional fitness class inspired by training methods used to train fighters in the army. Some of the toys we use include battle ropes, box jumps, sledge hammers, tractor tires. This class is suitable for all levels. Beginners welcome.
Where to start
Book in for your first class at one of our training centres.