This workshop will focus on understanding and handling a very close range attack by a knife-wielding assailant.
Unlike common knife attacks that take place within a hands reach, an attack happening in close range is a much more complicated situation to handle, especially when there are grabs, clinches and holds involved. In this workshop, you will learn the correct behaviour and reactions to handle a close distance attack, while relying on principles more than techniques.
Topics will include:
- Behaviour at close fighting range
- Reaction when faced with a knife at close distance
- Understanding the importance of range and how to create distance between you and the weapon
- Date & Time: Saturday, December 12th from 1pm to 3pm
- Cost: $35 for members, $55 for public
- Gear required: groin guard and mouthguard (Option to purchase it at KMDI just before the workshop)
- Location: Krav Maga Defence Institute, 8 Rutland Street, 2010 Surry Hills (Central Railway Station)