We know that as a first-timer, Krav Maga can seem pretty bad ass… and maybe just a little daunting. We also know that by the end of this workshop, you’ll be bouncing off the training mats dripping sweat, standing taller, stronger and all smiles.
Welcome to SHE FIGHTS BACK. Here’s what you need to know.
Tailored specifically to women of all ages and fitness levels, She Fights Back will hurl you into a world of self defence training unlike any other.
We all have different levels of experience and different fitness goals we’d like to achieve, but no matter where you're at right now, these 2.5 hours will set you well on your way to getting there. And we can guarantee you’ll have a kick ass time.
Krav Maga (“contact combat”) was developed in the Israeli Defence Force and is now world-renowned, teaching both military and civilians the most efficient way to get out of common street attacks.
You’ll soon discover that you already have some level of instinctual reaction to attacks. Krav Maga will teach you how to sharpen and turn these reactions into proven techniques. It certainly helps to have some level of fitness in any defensive situation, so we’ll cover basic cardio and give your bums, abs and thighs a good work out too whilst you flatten some pads with strikes and kicks.
Techniques are mostly practised with partners, so bring along a friend, your mum, your boss - and we guarantee you’ll have a blast and a serious workout with some ab-clenching giggles.
BACK TO THE WORKSHOP
She Fights Back will be run by Saar Markovitch - KMDI Senior Instructor and former Officer in the Israeli Defence Force.
The following topics will be covered:
- How to detect warning signs of potential threats and de-escalate the situation
- How to put power behind your strikes through technique
- You’ll learn the most efficient way to bust out of common street attacks (grabs and choke holds)
- How to go from victim to defender
I’VE ALREADY ATTENDED A SFB WORKSHOP - WILL I LEARN ANYTHING NEW?
Kravmagabsolutely. Saar will take you through new defence moves and help hone your skills on those you’ve previously learnt.
- Date & Time: Sunday September 25th, 2016 from 10am to 12:30pm
- Cost: $60 per participant*. Bring a training partner to get 10% off!
- All participants receive a free training shirt
- Location: Krav Maga Defence Institute, 8 Rutland Street, 2010 Surry Hills (Central Railway Station)
- Instructor: Saar Markovitch
- Visit our website for more information about SHE FIGHTS BACK workshops
The SHE FIGHTS BACK workshop of September 25th is now booked out. Our next event will be on Sunday November 20th.