WELL HELLO YOU!
It looks like you're looking for some information on our kick ass women's self defence workshop - welcome!
We're all looking forward to training with you, and if you haven't done Krav Maga before, this is what you need to know.
A BIT OF INTRO
SHE FIGHTS BACK is a 2.5 hour Krav Maga workshop for women of all ages and fitness levels that will seriously blow your mind. Why? Because it's completely different from your usual women's self defence training. Here, we're not professional fighters or wrestlers, most of us have no prior experience in martial arts and boxing, our fitness level is pretty average and we certainly don't have Jessica Jones superpowers ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So here's the thing, during our workshop you get to train in a group of 40 to 50 women towards one goal: to have fun while learning deadly self-defence skills and improve your fitness level. Because let's face it, we don't live in a world full of care bears and unicorns, and if we want to keep ourselves (and loved ones) safe we really need to work on our defence skills.
NOW ABOUT THE KRAV...MA-WHAT-GA?
Krav Maga is Israeli and the Hebrew words mean "Contact Combat". It is a world-renowned self defence system that was developed in the Israeli Defence Forces to teach both military and civilians how to escape from common street attacks.
The great thing about Krav Maga is that it's based on your body's natural reaction to danger. So you don't need to master complicated techniques to use it, you'll quickly see that you already possess natural defence reflexes, and our instructors will teach you how to hone them until your defence techniques become instinctual.
As having a good fitness level is a pretty important tool to run away from / neutralise an attacker, we'll work on that too. You'll get to do some basic cardio moves like abs, squats, burpees (oh yeah!), as well as cool fighting stuff like punching, kicking and elbowing pads. One of the things that make Krav Maga fun is that most of the training is done with a partner, so you can bring your bestie, mum, sister and/or boss to the workshop, and we guarantee you'll have a blast and laugh a lot (which is also great for building strong abs)!
In short, SHE FIGHTS BACK is a fun and powerful self-defence workshop for women who want to develop some seriously bad ass defence skills.
And if Gigi Hadid, Gal Gadot and Jessica Alba have been doing it for years, we think it's a great excuse for you to give it a try too ♥‿♥
- How to detect warning signs of potential threats
- How to de-escalate threatening situations
- Techniques to get power behind your strikes, punches and kicks
- Efficient and proven ways to bust out of common street attacks (grabs and chokeholds)
- Confidence to transform your attitude from victim into defender
- Date & Time: Sunday July 22nd, 2018 from 10am to 12:30pm
- Cost: $60 per participant*. Bring a training partner to get 10% off!
- All participants receive a free training shirt
- Location: Krav Maga Defence Institute, 8 Rutland Street, 2010 Surry Hills (Central Railway Station)
- Visit our website for more information about SHE FIGHTS BACK workshops
BOOK YOUR SPOT
Get 10% off when you bring a training partner!
Training fees are non-refundable.